This stinky subject is necessary. Your bowel movements and the quality of stools is a significant indicator of health:
- Chronic diarrhea is a sign that you are sick. Think of it this way: it is your body throwing-up at the other end. Something is wrong if it last more than a few days and having episodes several times a week is not a good. It needs to be addressed.
- Since memory serves, I have experienced chronic diarrhea my entire adult life. I estimate that it occurred 2-4 times a week. I also had a lot of gas. The guys in college always poked fun at me; “Pete has the smelliest…”.
- I got my sh*! together by eliminating grains and sugar:
- Chronic Diarrhea Solved – I seldom have loose stools; less than five times in the last two years. I can trace those events to food I ate. I also never have been constipated since eating Paleo / ketogenic.
- No More Gas – problems with gas actually peaked when I followed the conventional treatment for diverticulosis to add lots of fiber
- No More Stink – yep, the embarrassing foul smell is gone
- Normal Stools
- Normal Frequency
- Normal Pressure – pooping is now easy! I sit down on the toilet, I go and I am finished within a few minutes. No pressure, pain or discomfort.
- No More Irritation
- I am convinced that my past Irritable Bowel Syndrome (since teen years) and diverticulosis (2009) was caused by the consumption of grains:
- Am I gluten intolerant? Yes. I have not been tested, but if I consume gluten products I can feel my digestive system speed-up and I experience gas and bloating.
- Do I consume supplemental fiber? No. I get plenty of fiber from greens and vegetables.
- What Your Poop Says About Your Health (11 Slides)
- The Answer to Your Health is in your Poop (TEDx Video)