- “Natural Flavors” is a code word for chemical additives with the intent by the manufacturer to get returning customers (i.e., addicted)
- Video: 60-Minutes on the Flavorists. Inside an international chemical manufacturer that employs over 9,000 people to produce “Natural Flavors” that are added to nearly everything we eat today.
- News Article – discusses food industry’s use of the label “Natural”
- Avoid “Natural Flavors” on the ingredient label. They are flavors manufactured using processes designed in laboratory
- Skip the splashy claims and read the Ingredients
- Beware if there are more than a few ingredients listed
- Beware if you cannot pronounce an ingredient
- Spend a few minutes at home doing Internet research on unfamiliar ingredients.
Book that helped me: